June 22, 2018 9:00 am UTC+2
This two and a half day workshop is an introduction to d&b line array loudspeakers, associated electronics and software and their use in a working environment. It includes an introduction to basic electroacoustics and familiarization with d&b mounting and rigging accessories. The workshop investigates the basics of the d&b planning and remote control software. The simulation of real world applications is explained and worked on using practical examples. Two days of in-depth knowledge about efficient planning and setup. Plenty of practical exercises will allow you to incorporate this knowledge into your daily routine.
Participants should be experienced in tackling sound problems and should want to develop their knowledge of d&b systems with a special focus on line array systems. Please bring your own laptop (Windows 7 or higher or Mac OSX 10.6 or higher).
We will introduce you to the various loudspeakers in the d&b family and you will learn how to use them in a working environment. This includes an introduction to basic electroacoustics and familiarization with d&b mounting and rigging accessories. You will learn how to apply the V-Series for optimum results, while taking into account safety aspects.
• Introduction. We start by positioning the various products within the d&b product range and defining the recommended applications for them.
• Line array theory. Principle considerations of the sound system design. Special solutions implemented into the V-Series.
• d&b ArrayCalc planning software. d&b line arrays must be designed using the d&b ArrayCalc simulation software. In the workshop, you will be trained in working with this planning software and design a variety of different configuration options.
• d&b R1 remote control software. Practical solutions for creating a R1 user interface tailored for use with the J or V-Series.
• Practical parts. In practical work, participants will set up the d&b V-Series in different configurations. There will be listening tests for each configuration. Protective clothing and footwear is recommended.
The content is conveyed in a format that uses practical examples and encourages participants to exchange experiences and play an active role.
Date: 21 & 22 June 2018
Time: Thursday: 12:00 – 18:00 | Friday: 09:00 – 15:00
Venue: Stage Audio Works (CT Office)
Address: Unit G3, CTX Business Park, Freight Road, Airport Industria, Cape Town
* What you need to bring: Your Windows or Mac Laptop